An important message from Harrell Remodeling’s new CEO, Lisa Sten
Dear Harrell Remodeling friends,
We are living in unprecedented times and having to adjust to our new routines around work and family life. We hope that you are safe and healthy in your homes, and that when the need arises, you know that the Employee Owners of Harrell Remodeling will be there for you.
What a reward it has been to be working with the most incredible, collaborative, inspiring and upbeat team of Employee Owners on this, my 15th day on the job as CEO. I thank each and every one of them for their enthusiasm, teamwork, and resilience.
We want to let you know the many ways that we are keeping your projects and our business on track:
- Designers are holding live Zoom (video conferencing) meetings to continue with the schematic design process, make plumbing, electrical, tile and other product selections along with other aspects of design development, and are even presenting Contracts virtually.
- Our Production team is currently only working on construction projects deemed a health and safety issue for our clients. There has been a lot of confusion generated by vague or conflicting government directives at the State and local level about what constitutes allowable services, and the varying towns where we work have changing rules that we are paying close attention to. Our goals are to take care of clients and our team and honor the spirit and the letter of the law.
- Our Accounting team has ways to make it easy for you to pay any open invoices. We have our cloud-based BuilderTrend system as an electronic payment option, along with other methods. Please contact your Designer or our accounting team if you have questions.
- To maintain our company culture, Zoom lunch breaks have been attended by dozens of us to check in with each other, share tips about effectively collaborating and working remotely, and to see how everyone is managing.
- We are currently working to launch our Zoom Design Webinars to enable virtual attendance — we’ll continue to educate our community about Universal Design, Kitchens and Baths, Outdoor Living, and Whole House remodels. You’ll see a registration link to those on our website soon.
- Our Emergency Phone Number (650) 230-2929 is up and active for our current and past clients. One of our Project Managers was able to aid a past client this week and get her water heater replaced immediately.
- We are also proud to say that we are taking care of all of our Employee Owners by paying them their full salary/PTO this and next week whether they are able to work remotely or not.
As we do not know exactly when this statewide order will end, we thank you for your continued patience as we navigate these new limitations.
With my very best regards for a speedy end to this situation. Take care of yourselves, and your families.
On behalf of all our Employee Owners,